Re: [AVT] New Version Notificationfordraft-ietf-avt-ports-for-ucast-mcast-rtp-01

Jinwei Xia <xiajinwei@huawei.com> Sat, 24 April 2010 08:41 UTC

Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:40:52 +0800
From: Jinwei Xia <xiajinwei@huawei.com>
To: 'VAN CAENEGEM Tom' <Tom.Van_Caenegem@alcatel-lucent.com>, "'Ali C. Begen (abegen)'" <abegen@cisco.com>, "'Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)'" <versteb@cisco.com>, 'IETF AVT WG' <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [AVT] New Version Notificationfordraft-ietf-avt-ports-for-ucast-mcast-rtp-01

Hi Ali and Tom,

I agree the majority opinions from Tom.

a) each couple of PMReq and PMRes should be exchanged prior to RTCP message
which solicits a forthcoming unicast RTP session on different destinatioin
port, e.g., one PM round-trip plans to map on P3 for unicast retransmission,
another PM round-trip plans tomap on P4 for unicast burst. If the third
unicast session uses P5 by server and client (client can request multiple
unicast bursts in session multiplexing case through different ports), you
need to perform one more PM round-trip for P5. should we mention this?

In PMReq, client can use its own SSRC in media sender field. Becasue it only
aims to establish port mapping on NAT without any SSRC relevancy.  I perfer
to reuse message format defined in RFC4585 rather than define new message
format header for port mapping messages.

b) I also prefer use same format to carry cookie both on PMReq and PMRes. Is
it fit to reuse NACK message to respond to PMRes? Or define a new PMNack
message (FMT=9) just like PMReq and PMRes? Otherwise, what's the values
setted in the PID and BLD field in NACK? Another point, sending NACK to P3
seems to be illogical from whole round-trip integrality point of view.

c) I agree to use SSRC to indentify the client in order to link unicast
session and SSM session.

d) In security considerations, I don't understand how to use CNAME to aviod
cookie stealing in non-compound RTCP message.

BR
Jinwei