RE: [AVT] RE: [MMUSIC] questions about grouping media streams in RTP andSDP (RFC3388 etc), advice needed

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Thu, 07 June 2007 20:06 UTC

Subject: RE: [AVT] RE: [MMUSIC] questions about grouping media streams in RTP andSDP (RFC3388 etc), advice needed
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:06:45 +0300
From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: Thomas Schierl <schierl@hhi.fhg.de>, Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>, mmusic <mmusic@ietf.org>, IETF AVT WG <avt@ietf.org>
Cc: "Clinton Priddle (KI/EAB)" <clinton.priddle@ericsson.com>, Stephan.Wenger@nokia.com

Hi,
My view is that you have similarity in the need for dependencies between
streams but the grouping logic is different.
In the layered codec the grouping is for a group that you can use all or
part of while in the repair case you may take one or the other.

Roni Even

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-03.tx
> In this draft, we described media dependency in general, not only for
> scalable video. Currently, two types of dependencies are defined:
layered