[AVT] RE: Comments on EAC-3 RTP payload format

"Link, Brian" <BDL@dolby.com> Wed, 05 April 2006 23:55 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 16:55:10 -0700
From: "Link, Brian" <BDL@dolby.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, IETF AVT WG <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: [AVT] RE: Comments on EAC-3 RTP payload format

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for reviewing the EAC-3 I-D.

For comment 1, your interpretation of the boundaries between programs is
correct: each 'i' (independent stream) starts a new program, and 'd's
(dependent streams) all belong to the 'i' to their left. Since the
bitStreamConfig parameter is required to match the actual bit stream
configuration, and the EAC-3 specification defines the configurations
that are legal, I expect that everything will work out. However, I agree
with your point that this is not clear, so I will add an explanation,
describing the rules.

For comment 2, I'll incorporate this change.

Best regards,
Brian

information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.