[AVT] Summary of items to be discussed, draft-wenger-avt-rtp-jvt-00.txt

Stephan Wenger <stewe@cs.tu-berlin.de> Sun, 10 March 2002 02:41 UTC

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:28:16 +0100
To: avt@ietf.org
From: Stephan Wenger <stewe@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: [AVT] Summary of items to be discussed, draft-wenger-avt-rtp-jvt-00.txt
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

Folks,

Here a few words on how I want to fill my 20 minute time slot.

3 minutes for an introduction to JVT video (general concepts, VCL, vs. NAL,
timing, why do we present the draft just now)
3 minutes: concept of Enhanced Reference Picture Selection -- this will
likely be new stuff for most of you, and a basic understanding is necessary
to participate in the time stamp discussion.
2 minutes on Data Partitioning (necessary for the discussion on Compound
Packets / Payload-specific RTP mux scheme)
3 minutes presenting our design choice for the RTP timestamp and the Marker bit

The 9 minutes left will likely go completely into the timestamp discussion
-- this is the topic where we (the authors) most urgently need the
meeting's advice.  Please follow the ongoing discussions in this mailing
list.

If we come to a conclusion re the time stamp, some time is left, and there
is a need for it, I would also be more than willing to discuss the Compound
packet issue (I hope that this is not controversial, but one never knows...).

See you in Minneapolis

Regards
Stephan