Re: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-04.txt

Alex Eleftheriadis <alex@vidyo.com> Fri, 11 July 2008 15:07 UTC

From: Alex Eleftheriadis <alex@vidyo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:07:53 +0300
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Cc: avt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-04.txt
Sender: avt-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Magnus.

I actually read the draft and had some comments. I will pull them up
and post them. I remember a few language-related corrections.

Regarding scalability, I think we learned a lot over the past few
months working intensely on the SVC draft, and the collective know-
how appears to have converged. Right now I believe that only
signaling matters are still a bit in flux, but we are working to sort
them out (it's a matter of a few weeks really).

I will try to produce some meaningful input after we are done with
version 13 that is due on Monday. There are a number of issues that
are generic, and should (re)appear in any scalable payload format.

--Alex