Re: [AVTCORE] AD review: draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-suppression-rtp-13

"Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)" <tom.van_caenegem@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 02 March 2012 12:55 UTC

From: "Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)" <tom.van_caenegem@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>, "avtcore-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <avtcore-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-suppression-rtp@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-suppression-rtp@tools.ietf.org>, Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:54:00 +0100
acceptlanguage: nl-NL, en-US
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] AD review: draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-suppression-rtp-13

Hi Qin,

"I agree with your suggestion to the security section, that is to say the suppression rule is only
applied when the packet are integrity protected and authenticated. I can put some text to make this clear."

I think you will have to explain/rationalise why receivers MUST  suppress feedback when receiving (unauthenticated) NACK packets (RFC 4585), whereas for 3rd party loss messages, feedback suppression is only required when the sender can be authenticated.
Tom