Re: [AVT] New draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-07

jan.vandermeer@philips.com Wed, 26 February 2003 22:29 UTC

From: jan.vandermeer@philips.com
To: Franceschini Guido <Guido.Franceschini@TILAB.COM>
Cc: avt@ietf.org, Colin Perkins <csp@isi.edu>
Subject: Re: [AVT] New draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-07
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:28:41 +0100
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

Guido,

I agree with Colin to a large extend. We are talking about the case of
interleaving where we have a certain interleaving pattern. In case of
variable duration, any AU-index value (including zero) only occurs again
after the applied interleaving pattern "passed sufficiently". If there are
two subsequent RTP packets with the same AU-index value, then this is
clearly one of the roll-over problems that the referenced rule states
"MUST NOT" occur.

But note that the value zero (as any other value) may occur once in a
while, but that the AU-index value always differs in subsequent RTP
packets in case of variable duration. Which means that the answer to your
original question is that you don't need to look further than two
subsequent RTP packets.

Best regards,

Jan

Colin Perkins <csp@isi.edu>