Re: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-08.txt

jan.vandermeer@philips.com Thu, 04 September 2003 08:54 UTC

From: jan.vandermeer@philips.com
To: Trevor NG <trevor@astri.org>
Cc: avt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-08.txt
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:52:38 +0200
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

Trevor, all,

This new draft incorporates all comments and suggestions provided during
IESG Last Call review. The changes are summarized below:

- a new paragraph to conclude section 5 is added to address the expressed
concerns on "security":

"  Implementors of MPEG-4 streaming over RTP who also implement MPEG-4
   scripts (subset of ECMAScript) MUST ensure that the action of such
   scripts is limited solely to the domain of the single presentation
   in which they reside (thus disallowing session to session
   communication, access to local resources and storage, etc). Though
   presentation should be permitted, network access by scripts MUST be
   restricted to such (media) download."

- new title ("Signaling by MIME format parameters") of section 2.1 (in ToC
and in body)

- modification of section 2.4; from the first sentence of section 2.4 "so
as to avoid IP layer fragmentation" is removed and after the first
sentence the following is added: "Hence when an IP packet is lost after
IP-level fragmentation, only an AU fragment may get lost instead of the
entire AU".

-  "ECMAScript" is changed into "MPEG-4 script" (occurs in section 5)

- moving some text to maintain page length

- new page number for section 7.2 (informative references) in ToC

Best regards,

Jan

"Trevor NG" <trevor@astri.org>
Sent by: