Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-encrypted-header-ext-02.txt

Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com> Mon, 16 July 2012 16:29 UTC

From: Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com>
To: IETF AVTCore WG <avt@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:23:30 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-encrypted-header-ext-02.txt

Hello, all --

This revision of the draft incorporates comments received during WGLC.

The main change in this version of the draft is that it now normatively updates RFC 3711 (SRTP), to state that all future SRTP encryption transforms MUST specify how they're to be used with header extension encryption.

The draft now also specifically defines how it's used with SEED (RFC 5669), as well as the NULL cipher.

There aren't any technical changes to the header extension mechanism, though there are a number of clarifications.  See Appendix B.1 for a full change log.