Re: [AVTCORE] Requesting redundancy level modification during a call

Ilan Doron <Ilan.Doron@audiocodes.com> Thu, 11 August 2011 12:57 UTC

From: Ilan Doron <Ilan.Doron@audiocodes.com>
To: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>, "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:58:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.4.2.30]
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Requesting redundancy level modification during a call

Thank u Gunnar

To clarify.
I am not looking for a solution only in this specific scenario - though it is relevant...

Assume I want the remote side to perform some specific changes, so I want to send a command or request to the remote side requesting it what to do.

Would it be better to use RTCP?
Lets say RTCP FB (rfc4585) or some new RTCP pacet type.
Or maybe use a new RTP profile?

I know both are optional but how would it be done?

Ilan Doron