[avtext] Current avtext drafts and status

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 16 March 2011 13:44 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "avtext@ietf.org" <avtext@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:45:31 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: [avtext] Current avtext drafts and status

(As WF cochair)

The following is the list of drafts I believe are currently addressed to the AVTEXT WG along with the current status of the work. Please treat this as a reading list, and also please let me know of any omissions.

Multicast Acquisition Report Block Type for RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XRs)
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-multicast-acq-rtcp-xr-00.txt

Document complete, awaiting publication writeup.

Oct 2011  Submit RTP Header extension for client to mixer audio level indication as proposed standard

A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to-Mixer Audio Level Indication
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-01.txt

WG draft. Looking to get ready for WGLC - please identify open issues and improvements.

Oct 2011  Submit RTP Header extension for mixer to client audio level indication as Proposed Standard

A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Mixer-to-Client Audio Level Indication
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-01.txt

WG draft. Looking to get ready for WGLC - please identify open issues and improvements.

Jun 2011  Submit Considerations for RAMS Scenarios for Informational

Considerations and Guidelines for Deploying the Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) Method
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt

Candidate draft providing text for the above milestone.

Request made to adopt as baseline text. Call finishes 27th March 2011.

Dec 2011  Submit Support for multiple clock rates in an RTP session for Proposed Standard

Support for multiple clock rates in an RTP session
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-petithuguenin-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-00.txt

Candidate draft providing text for the above milestone.

Dec 2011  Submit SRTP Store-and-Forward Use Cases and Requirements for Informational

Need to confirm we need the above milestone. The milestones were created without prior consensus of the former AVT working group.

Candidate draft: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-04.txt
SRTP Store-and-Forward Use Cases and Requirements

Dec 2011  Submit Use of the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) in Store-and-Forward Applications for Proposed Standard

Need to confirm we need the above milestone. The milestones were created without prior consensus of the former AVT working group.

Candidate draft: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-naslund-srtp-saf-04.txt
The Use of the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) in Store-and-Forward Applications

IEEE 1588/802.1AS Synchronisation for RTP Streams
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-williams-avtext-avbsync-01.txt

Author draft - need to decide if we want milestone on this subject.
Proposed standards track document.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-00.txt
Content Splicing for RTP Sessions

Author draft - need to decide if we want milestone on this subject.
Proposed informational document.

Regards

Keith