Re: [babel] Summary of my comments about Sandy's talk

zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn Fri, 18 November 2016 14:25 UTC

To: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
From: zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:30:56 +0800
Cc: prz@juniper.net, babel@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [babel] Summary of my comments about Sandy's talk

Hi Juliusz,

    Thank you very much for your comments, and appreciate for
your confirmation about the draft.
    About the function of TLV advertisement that may influence
the Babel advertising format, it is great that you have a
solution to carry the feature bits. Maybe we can work together
about the detail.
    For the semantics of format, I will detail it in the next
version. Once the way of advertisement changes, the corresponding
format may also be updated.
    For the BIER forwarding, the next-hop is one of the most
important factor. So the prefix that associate with BIER info
is used to calculate the corresponding next-hop.
    For the prototype, in fact we are doing the BIER prototype,
but the work about Babel extension for BIER has not yet been
started. I think we may have more discussion about it.
    Thanks a lot. :)

Best Regards,
Sandy

Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr> 写于 2016-11-18 下午 01:18:31:

> Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
> 2016-11-18 下午 01:18
>
> 收件人
>
> babel@ietf.org,
>
> 抄送
>
> zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn, prz@juniper.net
>
> 主题
>
> Summary of my comments about Sandy's talk
>
> I'd be thrilled to work on BIER in Babel.  Babel claims that it is
> a flexible protocol, and getting BIER to work in Babel would be an
> opportunity to prove this claim.
>
> I do however have some concerns about
draft-zhang-bier-babel-extensions-00.