Re: [Banana] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zuo-banana-mptcp-integration-00.txt

Michael Menth <menth@uni-tuebingen.de> Tue, 13 June 2017 12:50 UTC

To: "Zuojing (2012 Laboratories)" <jing.zuo@huawei.com>, "banana@ietf.org" <banana@ietf.org>
From: Michael Menth <menth@uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:50:56 +0200
Subject: Re: [Banana] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zuo-banana-mptcp-integration-00.txt

Dear Jing,

thanks for this draft. I agree traffic intended for a specific link
should be scheduled by the BANANA load balancer on that link
irrespective of its current state and the BANANA box must account for
that traffic to work properly. That pertains to the coexistence of
MPTCP-proxies and Banana-boxes.

Regards,

Michael

Am 09.06.2017 um 09:51 schrieb Zuojing (2012 Laboratories):
> Dear All,
>
> As a follow up of the discussion we carried out on this mailing list (https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/banana/rgItU_-OM_-FYFJMtFD12Pnj68w), we posted a draft on the “Integration of Bonding Tunnels and MPTCP” which specifies the extensions for tunnel bonding protocols to realize integrative deployment of tunnel boding solutions and MPTCP.
>
> The main goal of the integration is to make use of advantages of both technologies. As we know, MPTCP excels at conducting TCP traffic since its flow/congestion control scheme have been well developed while tunnel bonding protocols support not only TCP traffic but also UDP traffic.
>

> More details are described in the draft. Comments are welcome.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jing

Prof. Dr. habil. Michael Menth
University of Tuebingen