Re: [BEHAVE] [Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr: [dnsext] DNS64 and lying cache servers]

<teemu.savolainen@nokia.com> Mon, 03 August 2009 06:42 UTC

From: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
To: charliep@wichorus.com, ajs@shinkuro.com, Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:41:21 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: behave@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] [Francis.Dupont@fdupont.fr: [dnsext] DNS64 and lying cache servers]

Hi,

For me this sounds exactly like the split-DNS problem I describe here: draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection-00) and what we discuss in MIF WG.

Essentially even today multi-interfaced hosts can not really trust DNS information being fully coherent between different administrative domains.

I plan to include the faked AAAA records as additional example of private information DNS servers are providing, and information that must be used only in the administrative domain they were learned from.

Best regards,

	Teemu