Re: [BEHAVE] CGN REQ: Port Set Assignment

<xiaohong.deng@orange-ftgroup.com> Wed, 16 March 2011 10:09 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:10:31 +0800
From: xiaohong.deng@orange-ftgroup.com
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange-ftgroup.com, dwing@cisco.com, rpenno@juniper.net, draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements@tools.ietf.org
Cc: behave@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] CGN REQ: Port Set Assignment

Xiaohong: When you refer to A+P-like schemes, I can imagine B4 element
 with port set restricted NAT and AFTR with by passing port set feature,
and
Address + Port embedded IPv6 prefix is not necessary for Port Set
Assignment.
 Does that make sense?

|Med: Which ones? Dynamic modes have been proposed in A+P; see
|http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rqb-dynamic-port-ranges-02.
|Port randomization requirement can be fairly honored.
|
| No implementation magic can
|change the number of ports allocated by those schemes, because
|those schemes generally stick port information into the IPv6
|address or into a tunnel header.
|
|Med: This is true for the stateless A+P mode but not the
|binding mode (see:
|http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-aplusp-09#section-4.4
|for more details).

Xiaohong: Right, the binding mode doesn't require  stick port
information into
 the IPv6  address or into a tunnel header.

Cheers,
Xiaohong
opensource A+P: http://opensourceaplusp.weebly.com/

|-d