Re: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-01.txt

<teemu.savolainen@nokia.com> Tue, 19 October 2010 13:57 UTC

From: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
To: behave@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:58:27 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-01.txt

Hi,

Please comment on the revision -01. Main changes:
- Clarifications that BIH should not be used when there is IPv4 path
- Clarification that lacking all other IPv4 paths, then BIH can translate IPv4 to IPv6 even if destination has (totally unreachable) IPv4 addresses
- First proposal for source and destination IPv4 address blocks to be used (section 4.3)
	- source: 172.21.112.0/30
	- Primary destination: 172.21.80.0/20
	- Secondary destination: 10.170.160.0/20
- Comment of checksum calculation need
- Clarification about ENR behavior in case of A record only (pass to application for cleaner failure)
- Some more details to reverse DNS lookup procedures
- Compression of address mapper section and focus to only scenarios in scope
- Multi-interface considerations, especially when real IPv4 interface opens (no new session through BIH, existing may be terminated - implementation choice)
- Multicast consideration: not supported
- DNS cache consideration: if applicable, must be flushed when BIH closes
- Acknowledgement for BIW

Plenty of time until Monday, so -02 could easily be made to accommodate next patch of feedback:)

Best regards,

Teemu