[bess] Request for WG adoption of draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp//RE: Why transform draft-xu-softwire-encaps-udp to draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp

Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com> Fri, 13 February 2015 06:10 UTC

From: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>
To: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>, "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>, "bess-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <bess-chairs@tools.ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 06:09:40 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.99.55]
Cc: "draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp@tools.ietf.org" <draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp@tools.ietf.org>, "softwire-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <softwire-chairs@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: [bess] Request for WG adoption of draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp//RE: Why transform draft-xu-softwire-encaps-udp to draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp

Hi BESS WG co-chairs,

The BGP tunnel type for MPLS-in-UDP has been mentioned in the MPLS-in-UDP draft since the 00 version (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-mpls-in-udp-00#page-4) which was published on April 28, 2012. However, according to the WG consensus during the WG adoption poll period, that section of "Signaling for Encapsulation in UDP" was removed from the MPLS-in-UDP draft and accordingly it was specified in a separate draft (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-softwire-encaps-udp-00) which was published on February 12, 2013.

Adrian has suggested me to post this draft to BESS. Furthermore, Suresh has indicated that the Softwire WG would not be a right place for any BGP tunnel type related works anymore since the WG is going to shut down in the very near future. Hence, would you please start a WG adoption for draft-xu-bess-encaps-udp which is transformed from draft-xu-softwire-encaps-udp?

Best regards,
Xiaohu