Re: [bess] EVPN-VPWS Service Edge Gateway rev03

Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@nokia.com> Fri, 25 November 2016 08:01 UTC

To: BESS <bess@ietf.org>
From: Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 09:00:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [bess] EVPN-VPWS Service Edge Gateway rev03

sent to list as admin. message had bounced.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Jorge,

Sorry for the delay, I will be addressing the comments below in the next rev, and will be clarifying the DF election too.

The DF election between the service edge nodes will follow RFC 7432 using the per ES Ethernet AD route, however will use the HRW algorithm.

The election will be performed to decide on who will be the primary responding to the EVPN VPWS Ethernet AD routes imported by the service edge nodes from the access nodes by applying the HRW algorithm.

I will clarify the text to reflect the above.

Thanks,

Sami

--- End Message ---