[bess] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-13: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 04 October 2023 08:54 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label@ietf.org, bess-chairs@ietf.org, bess@ietf.org, slitkows.ietf@gmail.com, slitkows.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 01:54:23 -0700
Subject: [bess] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-13: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label/

COMMENT:

Thanks to Zhaohui Zhang and Stéphane Litkowski for addressing my previous
DISCUSS points (even if they were 'discuss discuss', i.e., just to have a
discussion). I have now cleared my previous DISCUSS ballot.

# COMMENTS

## Abstract

Should the abstract qualify the VPN with layer-3 (for MVPN) and layer-2 (for
EVPN) ?

## Section 1

Should "SR" also be expanded ? Should RFC 8660 be a reference ?

## Section 2

`to transmit multicast traffic or BUM traffic` is somehow redundant as BUM
includes multicast.

## Section 2.1

`At the present time` what about "In 2023, " ?

## Section 3.1

Please expand "EC" at first use (even if it can be guessed on the previous
sentence).

Why this section use `to be defined by IANA`, while section 5 lists the
IANA-assigned values ?

## Section 3.2

This I-D uses 'outside the scope of this document' twice. I am curious: is
there any work in BESS WG for this ?

# NITS

## Section 1

s/Terminologies/Terminology/

s/Broadcast, Unknown *U*nicast, or Multicast (traffic)/Broadcast, Unknown
*u*nicast, or Multicast (packet)/

s/sub set/subset/