Re: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-04.txt

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Wed, 23 October 2019 14:34 UTC

Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 16:34:01 +0200
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: bier@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-04.txt

Just posted -04 of subject draft including feedback for reviews by Dirk and (delayed, mea culpa) Sandy.

More reviews gratiously welcome!

Diff is here:

http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-03.txt&url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-04.txt

To summarize the  non-syntactic changes:

-> Intro adds paragraph refering to related work using bloom filters and why this BIER-TE does not use them.
-> Changed "Layers" to "Components in architecture (2.) Defined "BIER-TE control plane" to be inclusive of BIER-TE controller host.
-> Reference to bier-multicast-http-response as example for 2.2.3 BIER-TE per-flow state management.
-> Added note about DNR to forwarding layer text (2.3)
-> Suggest to remove section 3.4 (example) - since -03, better?! example in 1.1 should be sufficient
-> Expand explanations of ECMP in 4.7: State that this doc does not specify a standard, but gives an example. Then refined the explanatory text to use two seeds (seed1, seed2) to show how the seed overcomes the polarization.

Cheers
    Toerless