Re: [Bier] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-bier-designed-routing-00.txt

zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn Thu, 22 October 2015 09:45 UTC

To: "Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <naikumar@cisco.com>
From: zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:46:11 +0800
Cc: "bier@ietf.org" <bier@ietf.org>, "wu.bo@zte.com.cn" <wu.bo@zte.com.cn>
Subject: Re: [Bier] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhang-bier-designed-routing-00.txt

Hi Nagendra,
    Please see inline.

"Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <naikumar@cisco.com> дÓÚ 2015/10/21
21:27:04:

> Hi Sandy,
>
> Thanks for the response. Please see inline..
>
> Hi Nagendra,
>
>     For Q1: Yes, I agree to you that the TE technology should be used in
BIER
> domain. And we will not use the signal of RSVP-TE in BIER domain due
> to simplify
> the control plane. The ingress nodes will collect the information of
egress
> nodes from MVPN or other ways, and get the specific path from
> PCE/SDN or other
> ways to forward BIER packets. In fact this draft defines a data
> plane of TE to
> forward packets, and the way will not cause loop.
>
> <Nagendra> BIER-TE defined in draft-eckert-bier-te-arch doesn¡¯t use
> RSVP signaling. It uses per adjacency based bit ID assignment.

(Sandy) I have seen earlier version of the draft-eckert-bier-te-arch,
I think the assigned for every link may be necessary. So I think there
may be another optional way to achieve TE.

>     For Q2: The duplication will not happen. Because the packet
> header will change
> from (D,F,K) to D while send from F to C; and the header will change
> from (D,F,K)
> to K while send from F to H. So the packet will arrive node D and K only
once.
> The forwarding rules defined in BIER-Arch is used in this forwarding as
well.

> <Nagendra> Assume in Figure 6 of the topology, there is another
> receiver (say Node L) connected to G. So there are 3 receivers and
> the traffic should flow as A-E-G, A-E-F-C-D, A-E-F-H-K. If I
> understood it right, level 1 will be E, level 2 will be F and G,
> level 3 will be C/H and L and level 4 will be D/K?. If yes, G will
> receive with bit string set to L, C and H resulting in duplication.

(Sandy) Yes, you are right, there are two packets arrives H, and H will
drop one packet according to the header, so D and K will receive only
packet at last.

> Tweaking your topology in the same example in section 4. Assume K is
> directly connected to F and there is a connection between E and H
> (just to make multiple ECMP between A to K). Traffic should flow as
> A-E-F-K, A-E-F-C-D. Am I assuming it right that level 1 will be E,
> level 2 will be F, level 3 will be K, C and level 4 will be D?.
>
> If I assumption on leveling is wrong, can you please explain on how
> it will work in these scenarios?>

(Sandy) Yes, your assumption is right.

> Thanks,
> Nagendra
>
>     Thanks.

Thanks,
best regards,
Sandy

"wu.bo@zte.com.cn" <

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-bier-designed-routing-00

> >     Would like to call you attention to this new draft. Any comments
> > and feedback are welcomed.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Sandy
> >

> > internet-drafts@ietf.org дÓÚ 2015/10/16 15:25:44:
> >

> > > A new version of I-D, draft-zhang-bier-designed-routing-00.txt
> > > has been successfully submitted by Sandy Zhang and posted to the
> > > IETF repository.
> > >
> > > Name:      draft-zhang-bier-designed-routing
> > > Revision:   00
> > > Title:      Designed Routing in BIER Forwarding
> > > Document date:   2015-10-16
> > > Group:      Individual Submission
> > > Pages:      10
> > > Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-bier-
> > > designed-routing-00
> > >

> > > Abstract:
> > >    BIER specifies a new architecture for the forwarding of multicast
> > >    data packets.  As the [I-D.ietf-bier-architecture] said, in the
BIER