Re: [BLISS] Use of the PUBLISH transaction for the SUS/RESprocedures

"Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@telekom.de> Wed, 28 May 2008 05:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:01:18 +0200
From: "Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@telekom.de>
To: pkyzivat@cisco.com
Cc: bliss@ietf.org, "Alexeitsev, D" <D.Alexeitsev@telekom.de>
Subject: Re: [BLISS] Use of the PUBLISH transaction for the SUS/RESprocedures
Sender: bliss-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Paul,

I think we agree that the unsubscribe won't change the CC state of any queue entries. So what will happen is that after some time the state of a certain entry will change from just 'queued' to 'ready-for-CC', idependently from if there is a subscription or not.
So for some time the entry will stay in the 'ready-for-CC' state, but no CC INVITE will arrive, and according to the service logic the entry will fall back to the 'queued' state.

As the user's agent only subscribes to a certain entry's CC state, no notification will be sent when this entry reaches the top of the queue. The time will pass, the entry will fall back to queued, the next entry reaches the top of the queue, and the monitor will notify that entry, if there is a subscription.

So I think we need a dedicated procedure to suspend an entry, which actually will change the state of an entry to 'suspended'.

Regards, Martin