RE: [bmwg] Comments for OSPF Convergence Benchmarking Terminology

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@netplane.com> Tue, 11 March 2003 16:13 UTC

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@netplane.com>
To: 'Scott Poretsky' <sporetsky@avici.com>, Russ White <riw@cisco.com>
Cc: bmwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [bmwg] Comments for OSPF Convergence Benchmarking Terminology
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:15:55 -0500
Sender: bmwg-admin@ietf.org

Hi Scott,

Sorry to budge in, but I would like to comment on this.

We initially had only a white-box test for SPF capculations, which used show
commands(which are readily available in most routers). However as in the
working group we use black-box measurements, we added another test to
measure the SPF time thru black-box methods(which is the same test as in the
paper I have referred to in previous mails).

In the 53rd meeting of IETF in MNP, it was decided(if I understood it right)
that we keep the test more from the perspective of actually checking
white-box measurements against the actual black-box measurements. We have
used both these methods in our measurements, and have left both the methods
in the draft.

Thanks,
Vishwas