[bmwg] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04: (with COMMENT)

"Barry Leiba" <barryleiba@computer.org> Tue, 02 December 2014 17:37 UTC

From: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 09:37:02 -0800
Cc: bmwg-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence.all@tools.ietf.org, bmwg@ietf.org
Subject: [bmwg] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence-04: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-bgp-basic-convergence/

COMMENT:

A couple of minor, non-blocking comments that I hope you'll consider:

-- Section 2 --
As RFC 6163 is used to define necessary terminology, I think it's a
normative reference.

-- Section 3 --
I found the first paragraph here to be confusing: one thing can't be
grouped into multiple categories, and "regardless" seems not the right
word.  Also, the sentence (ending in ":") that introduces the list
doesn't have anything to do with the list it introduces.

May I propose this instead, and let you fix it if I don't have it quite
right?:

OLD
   The WSON RWA information model in this document is grouped into four
   categories regardless of whether they stem from a switching
   subsystem or from a line subsystem. A switching subsystem refers to
   WSON nodes such as ROADM or Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (OADM) and
   a line subsystem refers to devices such as WDM or Optical Amplifier:
NEW
   The WSON RWA information model in this document comprises four
   categories of information. The categories are independent of
   whether the information comes from a switching subsystem or from a
   line subsystem -- a switching subsystem refers to WSON nodes such as
   ROADM or Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (OADM), and a line subsystem
   refers to devices such as WDM or Optical Amplifier. The categories
   are these:
END