Re: [bmwg] Scope of draft-constantine-bmwg-traffic-management-02

"Bradner, Scott" <sob@harvard.edu> Sun, 22 September 2013 15:28 UTC

From: "Bradner, Scott" <sob@harvard.edu>
To: "bmwg@ietf.org" <bmwg@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 15:27:56 +0000
x-originating-ip: [136.248.127.162]
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Scope of draft-constantine-bmwg-traffic-management-02

note that it is one thing to report usefully on how well a system that performs "strict policing" to a specific data rate
than it is to report usefully on the operation of a system that does active queue management (e.g. RFC 2309 or
draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-01.txt) - a simple token bucket device would be quite complex to design a test for - so
careful scoping is needed

but the underlying question remains - is BMWG in the conformance or the performance space?

Scott