[bmwg] Housekeeping

Kevin Dubray <kdubray@juniper.net> Tue, 27 February 2001 04:12 UTC

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:53:50 -0800
From: Kevin Dubray <kdubray@juniper.net>
To: bmwg@ietf.org
Subject: [bmwg] Housekeeping
Sender: bmwg-admin@ietf.org

BMWG:

The deadline for revising current BMWG I-Ds is Friday, March 2.
(see http://www.ietf.org/meetings/cutoff_dates_50.html)

A new draft regarding the terminology of diffserv mechanisms
benchmarking, draft-ietf-bwmg-dsmterm-00.txt, has been submitted
and should be announced shortly by the I-D adminstrator.

Other BMWG editors: please directly email me (kdubray@
juniper.net) an update of your draft's status.

There was interest regarding the "standardization of
benchmarks."  An I-D presents what attributes the IESG would
scrutinize in consideration of such an action. I draw your
attention to:

  ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradner-metricstest-00.txt

Additionally, there was interest communicated in the
area of BGP convergence benchmarks. At the end of January, an
individual I-D submission,

  ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berkowitz-bgpcon-00.txt

was presented to the BMWG and it was asked if this was a relevant
work item.  Your input on this list as to whether the BMWG should
undertake such a work would be a good thing.

It appears that the terminology document regarding Router Resource
Reservation benchmarking has been published by the I-D administrator:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-feher-bmwg-benchres-term-00.txt

A WG Last Call to undertake this as a new BMWG work item will be sent
out
in the next few days.

Lastly, please email me directly if you have possible agenda items for
the BMWG meeting at the upcoming 50th IETF.

-Kevin