Re: [bmwg] [iotdir] telechat Review for draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-13

Carsten Rossenhoevel <cross@eantc.de> Tue, 01 February 2022 11:03 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 12:02:44 +0100
To: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
Cc: iot-directorate@ietf.org, evyncke@cisco.com, draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance.all@ietf.org, mariainesrobles@googlemail.com, bmwg@ietf.org
From: Carsten Rossenhoevel <cross@eantc.de>
Subject: Re: [bmwg] [iotdir] telechat Review for draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance-13

Hi Toerless,

Thank you again,

- we will add a reference to Next-generation firewall - Wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next-generation_firewall> and see what
will happen

- we will add a sentence explaining why SSL certificate inspection is
optional (perimeter vs. web server protection)

- Failure rates of 0.001%/0.01% are accepted in the industry.  We cannot
standardize against enterprise and service provider users, requiring
much more quality than they are requesting or willing to pay for.

All other points have been clarified I believe.

Best regards, Carsten