Re: [bmwg] Comments on draft-constantine-bmwg-traffic-management-01

"MORTON JR., ALFRED C (AL)" <acmorton@att.com> Sun, 28 July 2013 12:34 UTC

From: "MORTON JR., ALFRED C (AL)" <acmorton@att.com>
To: Barry Constantine <Barry.Constantine@jdsu.com>, "bmwg@ietf.org" <bmwg@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 08:34:44 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Comments on draft-constantine-bmwg-traffic-management-01

Thanks for your quick reply, Barry.

After reviewing section 5.2.1, I think you might benefit from using the term
TCP connections when you say TCP pattern in a few cases, but in
any event we need to define the terms and maybe add a few to describe
the test traffic, which includes transport and  application layers.

There are a couple of drafts you and your co-authors should look at:
draft-ietf-bmwg-ca-bench-meth-04 for some traffic generation/description ideas,
and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-model-based-metrics-00
where there's some overlap -- the good kind where we can learn from each other.

regards,
Al (as a participant)