[bmwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cerveny-bmwg-ipv6-nd-02.txt

William Cerveny <bmwg@wjcerveny.com> Mon, 21 October 2013 14:45 UTC

From: William Cerveny <bmwg@wjcerveny.com>
To: bmwg@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:45:30 -0400
Subject: [bmwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cerveny-bmwg-ipv6-nd-02.txt

I've updated the "Benchmarking Neighbor Discovery Problems" draft.

Updates since v00 and v01

- Transition to writing from the perspective of testing via standalone
Linux boxes to using specialized testers.
- Added narrative describing more about how NDP works and the problems
that are being benchmarked.
- Removed tests/measurements that rely upon information obtained from
DUT, such as CPU load, etc.
- Lots of text changes since v00.

To-do:
- New tests need to be understood better. In particular, specific value
and procedure needs to be clarified.
- I have left the concept of a “non-participating” network in the draft,
which is a leftover from v00. I’ve left it in for now because I might
have a use for it as I experiment more in testing. If it turns out I
don’t need it, I’ll remove references to non-participating network/node
in future revisions.
- Looking back at my IETF-86 notes, Scott Bradner had issues with
benchmarking “problems”, as this is currently a benchmarking
instantiation of RFC 6583, “Operational Neighbor Discovery Problems”.  I
haven’t changed this yet and need to determine what it should change to
…

Bill Cerveny