RE: [bmwg] 3rd WG Last Call on Address Hash and Bit Stuffing Draft(06)

"Tom Alexander" <tom@veriwave.com> Tue, 14 November 2006 20:08 UTC

From: Tom Alexander <tom@veriwave.com>
To: 'Jerry Perser' <jperser@veriwave.com>, bmwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [bmwg] 3rd WG Last Call on Address Hash and Bit Stuffing Draft(06)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:08:42 -0800

And to complete the process of discussing VeriWave product development on
the BMWG reflector, I'm sure that as soon as we figure out a way of
unambiguously linking MAC and IP addresses such that they remain linked
across application invocations, we'll be back to using
draft-ietf-bmwg-hash-stuffing-xx.txt.

Cheers,

- Tom

P.S. In defence of VeriWave management (well, maybe), I doubt that any of
them know that draft-ietf-bmwg-hash-stuffing-06.txt even exists. ;-) I got
the random addresses put on hold after a particularly nasty debacle at a key
customer site. When we figure out the WLAN-specific solution to this issue,
rest assured that it will be published in
draft-perser-wlan-switch-benchmarking-01.txt.