RE: [Bridge-mib] Re: Draft-iet-bridge-bridgemib-smiv2-09.txt

"David B Harrington" <dbharrington@comcast.net> Tue, 25 January 2005 18:17 UTC

From: David B Harrington <dbharrington@comcast.net>
To: "'C. M. Heard'" <heard@pobox.com>, "'Bridge-Mib (E-mail)'" <bridge-mib@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Bridge-mib] Re: Draft-iet-bridge-bridgemib-smiv2-09.txt
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:13:03 -0500
Sender: bridge-mib-bounces@ietf.org

Mike,

If you provide us with a list of necessary changes, we can discuss
them and make them part of the AD review process.

We are definitely looking to eliminate nice-to-have changes and
proposed mib review requirements that are not currently included in
the mib-review-guidelines-03.

[soapbox]
Working against constantly moving targets is one major reason why
these documents have already taken three years. If it wasn't defined
as a requirement when we started WGLC, I don't want to hear about it
now.
[end soapbox]

David Harrington
dbharrington@comcast.net
co-chair, IETF Bridge WG

In
>    particular, it is assumed that a bridge implementing the
BRIDGE-MIB
>    module will also implement the SNMPv2-MIB [RFC3418] and the
IF-MIB