[Bridge-mib] RE: Learning & Forwarding flags in RST BPDU?

alexr@nbase.co.il (Alex Ruzin) Tue, 26 March 2002 08:47 UTC

From: alexr@nbase.co.il
To: 'Ali Chanaui' <ali_chanaui@yahoo.com>, gwg@iol.unh.edu, stds-802-1@ieee.org
Cc: rstplib-users@lists.sourceforge.net, bridge-mib@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:50:47 +0200
Subject: [Bridge-mib] RE: Learning & Forwarding flags in RST BPDU?
Sender: bridge-mib-admin@ietf.org

On Tuesday, March 26, 2002 9:16 AM Ali Chanaui wrote:
Ali> I want to ask you now: do you think, that these flags
Ali> may be avoided in outgoing RST BPDU and such
Ali> implementation would be compatible with IEEE 802.1w?
Ali>
Ali> I checked only one implementation on
Ali> http://rstplib.sourceforge.net/ (apropos, did you
Ali> check it?) and I see, that these flags are not sent
Ali> there at all in function txRstp() in file transmit.c;
Ali> and Alex keeps a silence about the issue :(

Excuse me, Ali, I was out of the business.
You are right: I don't use these flags in rstplib since .1w doesn't mention
them in 17.19.8 nor in 17.19.16. From other side, I don't need them
for "examining the BPDU's", as  Gerard writes, while I have
another tools for that.
I'll implement these flags (you are right again, function
txRstp in file transmit.c is the place for it) as soon as the spec will be
correspondingly changed.

Regards, Alex