[calsify] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5546 (3932)

RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org> Wed, 26 March 2014 02:26 UTC

To: cyrus@daboo.name, barryleiba@computer.org, presnick@qti.qualcomm.com, lear@cisco.com
From: RFC Errata System <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:26:12 -0700
Cc: calsify@ietf.org, rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
Subject: [calsify] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5546 (3932)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5546,
"iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5546&eid=3932

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfie John <alfiej@fastmail.fm>

Section: 3.1.2

Original Text
-------------
   |   DAYLIGHT         | 0+       | MUST be one or more of either     |
   |                    |          | STANDARD or DAYLIGHT.             |
   |     COMMENT        | 0+       |                                   |
   |     DTSTART        | 1        | MUST be local time format.        |
   |     RDATE          | 0+       |                                   |
   |     RRULE          | 0 or 1   |                                   |
   |     TZNAME         | 0+       |                                   |

Corrected Text
--------------
   |   DAYLIGHT         | 0+       | MUST be one or more of either     |
   |                    |          | STANDARD or DAYLIGHT.             |
   |     COMMENT        | 0+       |                                   |
   |     DTSTART        | 1        | MUST be local time format.        |
   |     RDATE          | 0+       | If present, RRULE MUST NOT be     |
   |                    |          | present                           |
   |     RRULE          | 0 or 1   | If present, RRULE MUST NOT be     |
   |                    |          | present                           |
   |     TZNAME         | 0+       |                                   |

Notes
-----
The corrected text appeared in RFC 2446, however I couldn't find the reasoning as to why it was omitted in RFC 5546.

(I tried submitting this earlier today but noticed it wasn't appearing on either the Errata search or the Calsify mailing list (ietf.org's mailman was returning 502 Bad Gateway" this morning), so I decided to resubmit.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary.

--------------------------------------
RFC5546 (draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis-10)
Title               : iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP)
Publication Date    : December 2009
Author(s)           : C. Daboo, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG