[Can] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's Block on charter-ietf-can-00-04: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 16 February 2023 14:04 UTC

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: can-chairs@ietf.org, can@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 06:04:51 -0800
Subject: [Can] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's Block on charter-ietf-can-00-04: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-can-00-04: Block

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-can/

BLOCK:

I have two easy to fix block comments which I believe needed to be discussed
and would clarify the charter better if addressed -

# it says -

   "Exposure of network and compute conditions to applications
is not in the scope of CAN. As part of its work, the CAN WG will seek
advice and expertise from the ART and TSV areas."

  I am confused, if the advice and expertise is for the exposure of the network
  and compute condition and which is out of the scope, then what would the
  advice for? This need to clarified.

# it says -

    "The CAN WG will initially focus on single domain models."

   Does this mean CAN will under this charter will eventually work on multi
   domain models? will there be a rechartering needed to work on multi domain
   models? This is going to impact the architecture I guess whether the
   solution is for single domain or multiple domains.

COMMENT:

And one comment to clarify the service examples -

# can we change the service examples? it says - "for some services (for
example, VR/AR, intelligent transportation)". I don't really know what the
intelligent transportation service is, may be that is because my lack of
knowledge, hence very hard to see what requirements it puts that requires
compute awareness.  AR/VR as a technology is mostly deployed in the user
devices now and the network assisted AR/VR application is kind of still in
research, hence may not be best examples for the CAN work.