Re: [Cats] DMDTF and CATS Metrics

Peng Liu <liupengyjy@chinamobile.com> Wed, 12 April 2023 15:44 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 23:44:01 +0800
From: Peng Liu <liupengyjy@chinamobile.com>
To: "luismiguel.contrerasmurillo" <luismiguel.contrerasmurillo@telefonica.com>, adrian <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, 'Dean Bogdanovic' <falkusa@mac.com>
Cc: cats <cats@ietf.org>, alto <alto@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Cats] DMDTF and CATS Metrics

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the references. They proposed the compute related metrics which could be considered for cats(may also for alto).

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7666.html uses CPU, memory, storage and NIC as the metrics.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-contreras-alto-service-edge-07.txt takes CNTT as an example, including  _Type of instance, _Interface Option, _Compute flavor(virtual CPU, RAM, disk, and bandwidth),_Optional storage extension,and _Optional hardware acceleration characteristics.

For different use cases, whether and how to uses those metrics should be discussed more, considering the balance between the availability and efficiency.

Regards,
Peng

liupengyjy@chinamobile.com