Re: [CCAMP] R: OTN open issues for OTN framework and OTN Info

fu.xihua@zte.com.cn Sat, 16 July 2011 15:00 UTC

To: "BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com>
From: fu.xihua@zte.com.cn
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 22:59:53 +0800
Cc: 'CCAMP' <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] R: OTN open issues for OTN framework and OTN Info

Hi Sergio,

You wrote "SB> You misunderstood the problem : how can you signal TS
granularity for an HO trail , when no structured has been made ??? The TS
granularity is present but not for the signal on the server trail."
I think you may refer to the section "4.1. Tributary Slot type" in info
document. This requirement in this email is still not clear for me. Could
you give me a further clarification?

When I read through info and frame document. I found there are some
inconsistent descriptions.
1. Info and OSPF document mention multi-stage. But framework document
tries to avoid this terminology.
2. OSPF document support to bundle links with different multiplexing
hierarchies, but this isn't described in framework and info document.

Info document introduces termination and switching capability concept.
That's a very good idea.
I use this concept and information in OSPF draft to faciliate the boundary
nodes determination of FA-LSP.
Pls refer to the draft (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fuxh-ccamp-boundary-explicit-control-ext-03
).
It introduces a generic mechanism to determine the boundaries of FA-LSPs
by using termination and switching capability from IGP database.
Node B and D support ODUj being mapping into ODUk (k>j).
Interface IF-B and IF-D support ODUj switching capability (ODUj(S)) and
ODUk termination capability (ODUk(T)).
Interface within C only supports ODUk switching capability.  So Node B and
D could be boundaries of ODUk FA-LSP for ODUj LSP.

Xihua

"BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com>
2011-07-14 下午 09:29

收件人
"fu.xihua@zte.com.cn" <fu.xihua@zte.com.cn>
抄送
"'CCAMP'" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ccamp-bounces@ietf.org"
<ccamp-bounces@ietf.org>
主题
R: [CCAMP] OTN open issues for OTN framework and OTN Info

Hi Xihua,

please see in line.

Thanks
sergio