Re: [CCAMP] Adding composite labels to flexi-grid

"Varma, Eve L (Eve)" <eve.varma@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 23 June 2014 13:21 UTC

From: "Varma, Eve L (Eve)" <eve.varma@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "malcolm.betts@zte.com.cn" <malcolm.betts@zte.com.cn>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 13:20:59 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.5.27.17]
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Adding composite labels to flexi-grid

Hi Adrian,

I think the intended point is that since each network media channel has an effective frequency slot with a nominal central frequency and slot width, while you might think of making a wider slot as allocating extra increments (e.g., 12.5GHz or 50GHz at a time), it is still one slot with a greater width. But since this is talking about the channel and not the signal, this isn't concatenation, it is just wider effective frequency slots for the channel (and non-contiguous network media channels are simply different network media channels).

As Malcolm indicated below, if the intention is, for example, to support carrying a B100G signal over multiple different (non-contiguous) network media channels, that would be inverse muxing vs. concatenation.

Best regards,
Eve