Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-rsvp-te-07.txt

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Tue, 25 September 2007 09:17 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Cc: "Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <dbrungard@att.com>, 'Jean Philippe Vasseur' <jvasseur@cisco.com>, Jean-Louis Le Roux <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-rsvp-te-07.txt
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:55:21 +0100
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi,

This new revision addresses two IESG DISCUSSes.

The first, from Sam Hartman, gives rise to a new paragraph (the first
paragraph in section 8) to point out certain security concerns with RSVP-TE.

The second, from Russ Housley, introduces the GenArt review by Eric Gray and
gives rise to a good number of editorial changes. Nearly all of these are of
no technical substance comprising the addition of text for clarification
(especially where the old text said "SHOULD" and there was no description of
why or how an implementation might vary from the SHOULD). In section 3.1
there is, however, a set of changes that, while they don't change the intent
of the authors, do make practical changes to the interpretation of the
protocol procedures - essentially, we have changed some of the RFC 2119
language.

In my opinion, these changes don't warrant a further working group last
call, although I would encourage interested parties to read carefully.
However, on this I-D I need to recuse myself from the decision process and
hand over to Deborah.

Thanks,
Adrian