RE: Agenda updated

"PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri" <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be> Tue, 18 November 2008 14:20 UTC

Subject: RE: Agenda updated
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:16:02 +0100
From: PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be>
To: Nic Neate <Nic.Neate@dataconnection.com>, labn - Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Cc: IBryskin@advaoptical.com, Aria - Adrian Farrel Personal <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

hi nic,

my 2 cents here below:

where is the stretch ? in end-to-end the source of the tunnel is the
source of the association whereas in the segment case they are not the
same.

> I'm also concerned with the reuse of association type 1 with
> different semantics in segment recovery to those defined for
> end-to-end recovery.  Consider the case where a segment
> recovery LSP is itself end-to-end protected.

what does this actually mean ? does it refer to the case where there are
two 2 protecting segments ?

> Then there will
> be two type 1 association objects, and the merge node must
> process each differently.  How does the implementation you
> mentioned decide which is which?
>
> You also dismissed the other issues raised in
> draft-rhodes-rsvp-recovery-signaling relating to protection
> of recovery LSPs and overlaping protection.  Please could you
> respond on the specific technical points raised in the draft?

it is the same as the base case, if a segment recovery LSP is himself
protected partially the source of the association will not be the source
of protected recovery segment.

thanks,
-d.