Re: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-01.txt

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Fri, 02 February 2007 20:22 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: Mach Chen <mach@huawei.com>, "Vijayanand C - TLS, Chennai." <vijayc@hcl.in>
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-01.txt
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:05:17 -0000
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hmmm.

Question: Does anyone use multi-access TE links between ASes?

If so, we should address them (probably the same way that we address them
within an AS/area - that is by defining a separate link type). But if no-one
uses them, then we should leave that definition until there is a need.

I see that section 3.2 of Mach's I-D is very explicit that the new link type
is p2p, so that is good.

Cheers,
Adrian