RE: Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-addressing-06.txt

"MEURIC Julien RD-CORE-LAN" <julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com> Thu, 26 April 2007 16:06 UTC

Subject: RE: Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-addressing-06.txt
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:54:15 +0200
From: MEURIC Julien RD-CORE-LAN <julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi all.

Just a few comments about the ID.

In the abstract and the introduction, the phrase "facilitate better interworking" reads weird to me. I'm not a native English speaker, but wouldn't "facilitate interworking" be more appropriate?

About the IGP terminology, in OSPF and IS-IS RFCs, "OSPF-TE" and "IS-IS-TE" terms are reserved for MPLS-TE extensions (RFC 3630 and 3784) while GMPLS ones (RFC 4203 and 4205) are rather named "GMPLS OSPF" and "GMPLS IS-IS". I believe the ID should follow this terminology more closely.

In section 5.1.1:
   "An unnumbered TE
   link end network-wide identifier is comprised of a TE Router ID
   associated with the link local end, followed by the link local
   identifier"
-> The intent on (TE Router ID, link local ID) is clear to anyone familiar with the context, but I also feel -- due to my mother tongue? -- that this might also be misread as (TE Router ID, link local end, link local ID), which does not make any sense. However, considering this is a clarification document, maybe replacing "associated with" by "corresponding to" or just recalling it's a pair would do the trick.

In section 6.1.2:
   "If the interface was intended to be used as an outgoing
   interface, the path will be broken an may be impossible to resolve."
-> s/an/and/
-> "The path will be broken" looks like a postulate and needs a clarification.

   "This a loose hop that identifies an interface should always identify
   the incoming TE link in the data plane."
-> Something's missing or "This" should be removed.

Regards,

Julien