RE: ASON reqts

"Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS" <gash@att.com> Tue, 13 May 2003 12:28 UTC

Subject: RE: ASON reqts
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:28:50 -0500
From: "Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS" <gash@att.com>
To: "Varma, Eve L (Eve)" <evarma@lucent.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Cc: "Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS" <gash@att.com>

> I concur with Zhi that the document is not yet ready to be a
> WG document.

Not what Zhi said.  He said "I'd like a third option: "I have read this document, and it's almost ready to be a CCAMP doc""

> Regarding the explanation of requirements, I am still extremely puzzled as
> to why the IPO requirements document is not being cited as a source of
> explanation for a number of ASON-related items.  It's almost
> as though it never existed.

Actually 2 references are given, although the first seems to have expired:

[IPO-ASON]     Aboul-Magd (Editor) et al., "Automatic Switched
                  Optical Network (ASON) Architecture and Its Related
                  Protocols," Work in progress, draft-ietf-ipo-ason-
                  02.txt, March 2002.

[IPO-REQS]     Y.Xue (Editor) et al., "Optical Network Service
                  Requirements," Work in progress, draft-ietf-ipo-
                  carrier-requirements-05.txt.

Jerry