Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-02

Dan Li <danli@huawei.com> Mon, 19 May 2008 07:27 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:15:13 +0800
From: Dan Li <danli@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-ccamp-gr-description-02
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <dbrungard@att.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the very detailed comments!

The proposed text for most of the editorial issues will be accepted in the next version. Still have several issues letf, and II proposed the text:
> ===
> 5.2.4. Procedures for scenario 4
>
> Please capitalise section heading.
>
> You have:
>    In the event that Node B never restarts, management plane
>    intervention may be used at Node A to clean up any LSP state
>    restored from the management plane or from local configuration.
> More importantly, management plane action is needed to clean up the
> data plane.

[Dan Li] Proposed text:
"In the event that Node B never restarts, management plane intervention is needed at Node A to clean up any LSP state restored from the management plane or from local configuration."

> ===
> 5.2.5. Procedures for scenario 5
>
> Please capitalise section heading.
>
> You have:
>    In this scenario the Egress node (Node D) restarts, and its
>    upstream neighbor (Node C) has not restarted. In this case, the
>    Egress node is completely unaware of the LSPs. It has no downstream
>    neighbor to help it, and no management plane or configuration
>    information. The Egress node must simply wait until its upstream
>    neighbor restarts and gives it the information as Path messages
>    carrying RECOVERY_LABEL objects.
> It is not quite the case that the egress is "completely unaware" of
> the LSP as the data plane will be set up and carrying data (as
> described in the next section).

[Dan Li] Proposed text:
"...In this case, the Egress node may not aware of the LSPs...."

> 7. Security Considerations
[SNIP]
>    Note that the RSVP POLICY object [RFC2205] provides a scope by which
>    secure end-to-end checks could be applied. However, very little
>    definition of the use of this object has been made to date.

[Dan Li] Do you mean RSVP POLICY_DATA object described in RFC 2205?

Thanks,

Dan