Re: Revised draft minutes

Kohei Shiomoto <shiomoto.kohei@lab.ntt.co.jp> Tue, 16 March 2004 06:33 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:03:53 +0900
From: Kohei Shiomoto <shiomoto.kohei@lab.ntt.co.jp>
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Revised draft minutes
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hello Adrian,

Please let me put my comments in the two blank portions of the revised
agenda.
See in line.

Kohei

>This draft incorporates feedback from Dimitri and Vishal
>and from an anonymous reviewer. Thanks.
>
>Further comments ASAP.
>
>Adrian
>

>Common Control and Measurement Plane WG (ccamp)
>
>THURSDAY, March 4 at 0900-1130
>===============================
>
>CHAIRS: Kireeti Kompella <kireeti@juniper.net>
>        Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
>
>AGENDA:
>
>===
>Group Admin
>---
>Chairs
>  Admin - Nothing much to say (in English anyway)
>        - In Korean, however, the following was said:
>          "Jigeumbuteo CCAMP meetingeul sijakhagesumnida".
>
>  Agenda bash (5 mins) - No changes
>  Status of WG drafts and milestones
>    Adrian's slides showed that we do have some draft
>    congestion in the WG.
>    - RFC editor queue
>    - status of IANA for SONET/SDH
>      Kireeti talked about an issue with SONET/SDH IANA
>      assignments
>    - need a means to get early assignments.
>      There is WIP to accomplish this, and it is moving
>      ahead.
>    - future allocation of "experimental" values
>
>Liaisons
>---
>Marco Carugi talked about work in SG-13 (SG13 liaison).
>  He covered topics, new study areas, timescales, objectives
>  and status. They are also looking for people interested in
>  doing work in these areas.
>
>  An L1 VPN questionnaire and framework draft were attached
>  to the liaison.
>
>  Tomonori Takeda talked about the technical issues and
>  details of the work.
>
>  Monique Morrow had a couple of clarification for Marco -
>  When will the consent portion of the work be done in the
>  ITU?
>
>    Marco said that the different pieces of work were
>    progressing at different speeds. Some material is
>    already embodied in recommendations. The next SG13
>    meetings are in June and September.
>
>  Dimitri Papadimitriou asked if the draft (l1vpn
>  framework) provided in the liaison could include a
>  summarization (as conclusion) on the expected GMPLS work
>  for the CCAMP WG, this would clarify the intent of the
>  liaison in term of expected effort for the CCAMP WG
>
>    Kireeti answered. If CCAMP's rechartering this month
>    results in the addition of L1VPNs to the charter, then
>    a Liaison response from the IETF will include this
>    information, plus a request for a cooperative effort,
>    preferably along the lines of the ASON routing work,
>    wherein the ITU-T defines the requirements and the IETF
>    does the protocol extensions.
>
>  Alex Zinin said that we will have to make a decision at
>  some point as to whether or not we want to do this work
>  here.
>
>  Someone from NTT raised a point that was not captured in
>  the minutes.

Kohei Shiomoto said that the protocol for the L1VPN should be developed
at the IETF as long as it uses IP protocol. There are already
internet-drafts on GVPN and CCAMP is the best place to discuss it.

> [...]
>Lyndon Ong went over status on ASON Routing Requirements -
>draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-reqts-02.txt
>
>  He includes in his presentation the Design Team's
>  conclusions as to what there is agreement about what's
>  missing from GMPLS (delta), and what are the areas on
>  which there is no agreement about what's missing from
>  GMPLS.
>
>  Vishal Sharma asked if the three issues (slide 6) were
>  already opened up for discussion on the list, or would
>  they be formally opened up with the DT members initiating
>  a discussion on these on the list?
>
>    Lyndon Ong replied that a discussion had not been
>    formally opened up yet (although people were free to
>    discuss/comment).
>
>      Kireeti asked Lyndon to more formally open this
>      discussion on the mailing list.
>
>  Vishal Sharma said that he supports this.
>
>  Kireeti said he would like - after checking with the AD -
>  that we should take this work to the IS-IS and OSPF WGs.
>
>    Alex Zinin said this is a good idea.
>
>===
>Tunnel Trace
>---
>Ron Bonica presented status on draft-bonica-tunproto-05.txt
>
>  The solution is very similar to Trace-Route but does not
>  require that each node in a tunnel supports TTL decrement.
>
>  He gave a few examples as to how the idea in the draft
>  will work in a few scenarios.
>
>  There are a couple of outstanding issues:
>  - trace requires a route to tunnel head end
>  - integration with LSP ping.
>
>  He would like to get the draft accepted as a WG draft.
>
>  Yakov asked what SPs use today for tunnel tracing.
>
>    Ron said that in some case people can use ICMP for MPLS.
>
>  Yakov then asked if we could get a BCP on what people are
>  doing.
>
>    Ron asked if he should resubmit his earlier draft on
>    this.
>
>      Kireeti said that we do not want to decide that now.
>
>===
>Protection and Restoration
>---
>Dimitri Papadimitriou presented status on the work of the
>Protection and Restoration Team - specifically:
>1) draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-analysis-02.txt
>2) draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-functional-01.txt
>3) draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-terminology-03.txt
>4) draft-lang-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-e2e-signaling-02.txt
>
>  He gave estimates on the timing for each of the above
>  drafts (estimated completion dates).
>
>  He outlined the changes to the e2e signaling ID (draft 4,
>  above).
>
>  He encouraged the WG to really read the documents and
>  comment.
>
>  Kireeti polled for consensus on the following:
>
>    a) Analysis - last call? Some support, no objection
>    b) Functional - last call? Some support, no objection
>    c) Terminology - last call? Some support, no objection
>    d) e2e Signaling - WG document? Some support, no object
>
>  People at the microphone were asked to take their

Kohei said that the e2e Signaling draft does not address the
misconnection issues raised in the mailing list.
Dimitri answered that it is addressed in 8.3 of the draft.

Kohei said that the misconnection issue does not happen only in the P&R
context but also in more general context and therefore should be
addressed in more general context as well.
Kireeti said that the questions should be contiuned to the mailing list.

--
Kohei Shiomoto
NTT Network Innovation Laboratories