Vendor-Specific Class-Num availability

"Michael I Mandelberg(Isaac)" <mmandelberg@fwion.com> Mon, 09 September 2002 16:24 UTC

From: "Michael I Mandelberg(Isaac)" <mmandelberg@fwion.com>
To: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Vendor-Specific Class-Num availability
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:24:38 -0400

I see from draft-ietf-rsvp-iana-00.txt the following:

      The following table shows the behavior and IANA assignment rule
      for each sub-range of the Class Number value:

         0-80        REJECT; assigned by IANA with IETF Consensus.
         81-127      REJECT; assigned by IANA using First-Come-First-Served
         128-159     (Reserved)
         160-191     IGNORE; assigned by IANA with IETF Consensus.
         192-223     FORWARD; assigned by IANA with IETF Consensus.
         224-255     FORWARD; assigned by IANA using First-Come-First-Served

   2.3 Class Type

      Class Type is an 8-bit number that is assigned distinctly for each
      Class Number.

         0           Illegal value
         1-127       Assigned by IANA with IETF Consensus.
         128-191     Assigned by IANA using First-Come-First-Served
         192-255     Private usage.

I'm wondering if any of these values have been assigned for vendor specific
object definitions. It seems that the range 192 - 255 is available for the
Type. What about for the Class? If you are curious, the purpose is to
provide a place to carry end-to-end OIF-UNI data.

Thanks,