Re: I-D Action:draft-nadeau-ccamp-gmpls-oam-requirements-02.txt

"tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com> Fri, 12 October 2007 17:20 UTC

From: "tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com>
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D Action:draft-nadeau-ccamp-gmpls-oam-requirements-02.txt
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:54:10 +0200
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Yes, I find this version clearer.

I was struck by two semantic changes, for which I am happy to leave any
discussion to when it is a WG I-D.  One is the change of the first sentence from
'This document describes requirements for data plane OAM for GMPLS'
'This document describes requirements for control plane OAM for GMPLS'
which sounds quite a change.   In practice, this does not reflect a dramatic
change of contents, but then again, I do not think either sentence gets it quite
right.

Second, I notice a much stronger emphasis on (SNMP) MIB modules; I presume it is
too early to accommodate other forms, such as the nascent NETCONF.

Tom Petch