Re: Moving right along ... generalized-signaling-06

Ben Mack-Crane <Ben.Mack-Crane@tellabs.com> Tue, 18 December 2001 17:22 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:22:07 -0600
From: Ben Mack-Crane <Ben.Mack-Crane@tellabs.com>
To: Maarten Vissers <mvissers@lucent.com>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Moving right along ... generalized-signaling-06

Maarten,

In the work on a recovery framework for mpls (draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt)
we chose "working path" and "recovery path."  We used "recovery" instead of "protection"
because it seemed a more neutral term given that we were including both protection
switching and reroute recovery mechanisms.

We did not address the state (active/standby).  We use the terms "extra traffic" and
"working traffic" (perhaps the latter could be changed to "normal traffic").

It would be useful in moving forward in CCAMP if we could try to adopt terms
that are consistent with those in current use elsewhere.

Regards,
Ben