Re: [CCAMP] Ask for comments

Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com> Tue, 27 July 2010 14:26 UTC

From: Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com>
To: Yabin Ye <yabin.ye@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:26:49 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Michèle Wilmet <michele.wilmet@jcp-consult.com>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "itom@ait.edu.gr" <itom@ait.edu.gr>, Siamak Azodolmolky <siamak.azodolmolky@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Ask for comments

Hi Yabin,

I have a couple comments:

       - First, this document extends OSPF TE rather than the OSPF protocol itself.
       - Second, the document refers to PLI TE LSAs as if they were separate LSAs. However, I believe these are just additional TE LSAs as described in RFC 3630.
       - Similarly, the document refers to the top-level Link and Node TLVs as if they are new PLI TLVs. However, these are referenced with the same code points as the existing Link and Node TLVs. They will need new types if you want to redefine them with different semantics.
       - Same for the Remote Interface IP Address Sub-TLV and Local Interface IP Address Sub-TLV. These are not new Sub-TLVs and probably don't need to be even if new top-level PLI TLVs are required.

From a high-level, it seems the only new TLVs required are the ones for PLI and this information can be just advertised with the existing TE information. However, due to the volume and frequency of change, you may want separate LSAs.

Thanks,
Acee