Re: [CCAMP] [mpls] Request comments on draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00

zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn Sat, 29 October 2011 03:04 UTC

To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
From: zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:03:53 +0800
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, Jaihari Kalijanakiraman <jaiharik@ipinfusion.com>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] [mpls] Request comments on draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00

Lou

Thanks for pointing out this issue, we will revise it and add the global
node id information in next version

Best regards

Fei

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
2011-10-26 04:41

收件人
zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
抄送
Jaihari Kalijanakiraman <jaiharik@ipinfusion.com>, "mpls@ietf.org"
<mpls@ietf.org>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [CCAMP] [mpls] Request comments on
draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00

Fei,

*http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-02.

> Based on the association type "associated bidirectional LSP", two
> reverse unidirectional LSPs can form the assoicated bidirectional LSP.
>
> However, according to the usage of this object, see the description of
> the section 2.3.1 in the draft
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-00, "no
> associations are made across Path and Resv state".
>
> That indicates that the Association object or Extended Association
> object can not be used to carry back the local assigned tunnel number in
> the context of corouted bidirectional LSP.

sure, it *could*, but agree that this isn't the way to go. (Although
such usage might be better than allocating a new top-level object for
this purpose!)

> That is the history why a new Connection object is introduced here for
> the co-routed bidirectional LSP.

If all this draft is really about is providing the RFC6370 Z9 (egress)
Tunnel_Num, why not just define a new LSP Attributes TLV and carry it
there (in Resv messages of co-routed bidirectional LSPs)?  New top-level
RSVP objects are a *bid* deal as the number space is so small.

Lou

mailto:OF3E7FD488.405BF0C5-ON4825792C.00351CBE-4825792C.003D3BA7@zte.com.cn

__http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00_.

> This draft is about the supporting of MPLS-TP Maintenance Identifiers.
As
> described in _http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6370_, at each end point, a
> tunnel is uniquely identified by the end point's Node_ID and a locally
> assigned tunnel number, which allow a compact form for the MEP_ID, and
> extensions will be required to GMPLS to support these identifiers.
> Furthermore, _http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6373_ addressed this issue
in
> section 4.4.8.
>
> Obviously, this issue can be solved by defining a new object, such as
> Connection Object as described in this draft, or a new sub-TLV call
MEP_ID

__http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-mpls-tp-oam-ext-06_.