[CCAMP] Problem of hostname display of each RSVP Hop

zheng.zhi@zte.com.cn Sat, 19 February 2011 08:10 UTC

To: ccamp@ietf.org
From: zheng.zhi@zte.com.cn
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:08:28 +0800
Subject: [CCAMP] Problem of hostname display of each RSVP Hop

Hi, all:

Hostname display for OSPF and RSVP-TE can improve the operating
experience. But when initiating an inter-area LSP tunnel with RSVP-TE, and
tried to get the hostname of each RSVP Hop display on the CLI at the
ingress node, it is impossible to obtain the hostname information of those
nodes in areas other than the initiator's.
The hostname flooding scope is controlled by the OSPF Opaque LSA, as
described in [RFC5642]. That means the hostname information of a router
other than an ASBR, cannot traverse OSPF routing areas.
The draft makes some extensions, please review and comment...
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zheng-ccamp-rsvp-te-dynamic-hostname-00

Best Regards,
Zhi

> A new version of I-D, draft-zheng-ccamp-rsvp-te-dynamic-hostname-00.
> txt has been successfully submitted by Zhi Zheng and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Filename:    draft-zheng-ccamp-rsvp-te-dynamic-hostname
> Revision:    00
> Title:       RSVP-TE extensions for dynamic hostname traversing OSPF
> routing areas
> Creation_date:    2011-02-19
> WG ID:       Independent Submission
> Number_of_pages: 6
>
> Abstract:
> RFC 5642 defines an OSPF Router Information TLV that allows OSPF
> Routers to flood their hostname-to-Router-ID mapping information.
> Sometimes, when the operators create an inter-area MPLS LSP tunnel
> with Resource ReSerVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE),
> they need the hostname display on the CLI at the ingress node for
> management and operational reasons.  This document describes
> extensions to RSVP-TE to support hostname-to-Router-ID mapping
> information traversing areas in an inter-area MPLS LSP tunnel
> situation.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.